Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reading Challenge.

Sounds weird, huh?  I read so much that the thrill is gone.  It feels like my mind is just zoning out the words. SO.  I'm preparing a list of books to read, starting with the Lord of the Rings [cause I've never actually read the books] then moving on to the works of C.S. Lewis.  I'm hoping this will jump start my book metabolism, getting my hunger for knowledge going again.  If you guys have any suggestions, I'm very open to trying some new genres. :] As of now, I'm a little narrow in my focus, so let me know!  I just finished Pride and Prejudice for the umpteenth time, and even for me that's a little much.

Also, we lost our dog today.  For a little while at least.  Rachel was freaking out because we couldn't hear him, even with all the treat-shaking and whistling.  Then my grandpa realized that with his freaking long chain, he was probably caught up in the woods somewhere.  Alas, even with this realization, it was another twenty minutes before that actually spurred any action.  When it finally did, we all slapped on pants and prepared to enter the woods.  Grandpa took approximately three steps, and there was Baxter, wound completely around a tree. Haha.  So now I'm wondering what the pro's and con's of having a non-barking dog, and should we teach him otherwise?  If we don't, we end up losing him five feet from the edge of the woods because he's not making a sound.  If we do, there's the off chance that he'll never stop, and Dad'll have to shoot him with the BB gun. -Cough- Yes, that was a joke.  Sarcasm just doesn't transfer well into print. ;]

2 comments:

  1. Lisa girl you crack me up! I hate to tell you this but your Dad's bb gun won't kill your dog! it may sting him a little but he'll never die from it! WHEW you can now breath a huge sigh of relief. Aren't you just glad grandpa was there to save the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging Lisa! I hope it will be a good outlet for you... I did my best blogging while Brad was deployed, rather therapeutic I think. Now its mainly just "look how cute the boys are" and what not. And its a good way to keep the faraway family in the loop.

    Your writing is easy to read, and can I just say that the line "we all slapped on pants and prepared to enter the woods" totally cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete