Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I know. I know.

I fully realize that I JUST posted. However, since that post was sadly lacking in content, I've decided to add another one. With something completely awesome included.

I wrote this when I was having an extremely suckish day, and usually on extremely suckish days, what I write ends up being total crap. This actually came out halfway decent, so you will be allowed to read it. Neat, huh? It's called 'I'm Lost.'

I’m lost
Stumbling in the dark
I’m lost
Fumbling for a start
Losing every foothold now
The fall permits a single sound
A scream to ask, I beg and plead
That you will catch and pull me free
Oh, I’m lost
A specter fading out
I’m lost
Feet sinking in the ground
Coerced to sleep within this bog
I fought and fought, but still it won
This lying, faithless, timeless grave
Mutes my voice, as I call your name.
I’m lost
The rescue never comes
I’m lost
A life forever gone
Far from peace, I wander slow
The living dead are now my home
A silence holds us captive all
Stretching out the hours long
I’m lost
Blind, deaf, and dumb
I’m lost
Paralyzed, I’m numb
I’m lost
My thoughts begin to fade
I’m lost
Trapped between the shades of grey.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment